This document is intended to help those that need to configureSharepoint 3.0 on "Active Directory Account Creation Mode". It is basedon real experience but it may not guarantee success on all cases.
1. Initially Follow the procedure described on the following MicrosoftTechNet Article (Install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 for a serverfarm environment)http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/WSS/en/library/700c3d60-f394-4ca9-a6d8-b597fc3c31b1033.mspx?mfr=true
2. Before running "SharePoint Products and Technologies ConfigurationWizard" Prepare the Domain Controller.3. Now it's necessary to follow part of the process described onSharepoint 2.0 Documentation.http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/wss/2/all/adminguide/en-us/stsc05.mspx?mfr=true<http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/wss/2/all/adminguide/en-us/stsc05.mspx?mfr=true>
- Create an organizational unit (OU) for the user accounts
- Delegate permissions to the organizational unit
- Stop there; these are theonly steps necessary!!!
4. Start "SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard".Follow the Farm Installation instructionsa. When you arrive at: "Completing the Sharepoint Products andTechnologies Configuration Wizard", select Advanced.b. On Advanced Settings Page select "Enable Active Directory AccountCreation Mode" and enter the Domain name and the organizational UnitCreated before (Sharepoint_ou for example).
5. Now you can go back to the Server Farm installation documentand continue the configuration steps.
6. After creating a "New Sharepoint Application" remember to usethe command "iisreset /noforce" so that you leave your environment readyfor the next step.
7. Now you may click on the link "Create site Collection" and theresult should be an ERROR: "The Page cannot be displayed because yourserver's current configuration does not support it. To perform thistask, use the command line operations in Stsadmin.exe." and that is agood sign... Now you have to execute the following command:
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WEB SERVEREXTENSIONS\12\BIN>STSADM -O CREATESITE -URL HTTP://servername
- Substitute Servername, e-mail, WindowsDomain and WindowsAccountaccording with your implementation.
- It's important to notice that this command will effectively send ane-mail, so you should already have configured the SMTP Server on the"Operations/Outgoing E-mail Settings" Page.
8. That's it!!!! You should have a working Sharepoint instance on"Active Directory Creation Mode".